No long-winded story to weave here. This is just a total win for a busy weeknight. Seriously. It’s healthy and fresh and takes less than 30 minutes start to finish. INCLUDING a super easy homemade tzatziki sauce that you might want to put on everything! Shall we? Here you go.
WHAT YOU NEED
quick homemade tzatziki sauce
* 1/2 a large cucumber, seeded, peeled, diced
* 4t minced garlic
* 2T dried dill
* juice of 1/2 a large lemon
* 1/2-1t salt
* 1/4t freshly ground black pepper
* 1 1/2C plain Greek yogurt
* 1lb thin cut chicken breasts
* Greek seasoning (Italian seasoning would work too)
* olive oil
* 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
* 1/4-1/2 a red onion, thinly sliced
* crumbled feta cheese
WHAT TO DO
Make your tzatziki! Put all the tzatziki ingredients in a blender. Purée until blended. Taste and adjust salt/pepper/lemon to taste as needed.
Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Pay each chicken breast dry, and then sprinkle generously with Greek seasoning. Cook a few minutes per side. Thin cut breasts cook really quickly. You don’t want them to overcook and dry out, so really just 2 minutes or so per side should do it. Cut each breast into thin strips.
Assemble your gyros. Either fill your pitas or top them with a few pieces of chicken, some fresh red pepper strips, some onions, and crumbled feta. Spoon some of the tzatziki sauce on top and enjoy!