I’m traveling for work this week, so for the two days Im home I planned easy, quick meals to minimize stress and maximize family time. This post title’s in code, but the secret is out now (ouch… that one was rough): pesto tomato-basil-mozzarella with roasted red pepper sandwiches were a big winner. A five minute meal! And delish times a million! Can’t beat that! Here you go.
WHAT YOU NEED
* fresh hearty loaf of bread of choice (I did a fresh Italian loaf), cut into thick slices
* your favorite jarred or homemade pesto sauce
* fresh basil leaves
* jarred roasted red peppers
* fresh roma tomatoes, cut into thick slices
* slices of fresh mozzarella (I bought the presliced package)
* balsamic vinegar
WHAT TO DO
Lightly toast your bread slices.
Spread each slice generously with pesto. For each sandwich, top one pesto-ed half with large basil leaves in a layer, followed by roasted red pepper pieces, then fresh tomato slices, and finally fresh mozzarella slices. Drizzle the cheese with a little balsamic vinegar and then top with the other pesto-ed slice of bread. Slice in half and serve! Try it with homemade garlic fries!!