It’s another one-pan wonder for ya with this magical combination, though if you need convincing that a nacho meal is magical, then I’m not sure we speak the same language. I served this one in individual bowls, but it could easily be placed in the middle of the table with everyone digging right into the pan itself, which would be like next level one pan wonder, right? Like, you literally have a single dish to wash! Up to you. Anyway, here you go.
WHAT YOU NEED
* olive oil
* 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
* 1 sweet onion, diced
* 3t minced garlic
* 1C long grain or basmati rice
* 1-1 1/2C water
* 10oz can diced tomatoes
* 1C frozen sweet or roasted corn kernels
* 1/4t cumin
* 1/4t chili powder
* 1/4t kosher salt
* 1/4t black pepper
* 14oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 12oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
* 1C (or thereabouts… maybe more…) shredded cheddar jack cheese
* tortilla chips
* 1-2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
* 1/2-1 ripe avocado, diced
* handful fresh cilantro, chopped
* Greek yogurt
* fresh lime wedges
WHAT TO DO
Heat a few glugs (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in a large soillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces, onion, and garlic. Cook 3-5 minutes, allowing the aromatics to release and the chicken to cook through and begin to brown.
Add the rice and cook just 2 minutes or so to let it start to toast a bit. Then add the water and diced tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add the corn and seasonings and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes.
Add the black beans and stir to combine, then cook 5 minutes. Add the roasted red peppers and cook just a minute more to warm it up.
Remove from heat and add the cheese over the whole skillet. Let it melt and serve immediately with a pile of tortilla chips and all the garnishes.